Branding is important for all businesses regardless of size. A strong brand prompts high recall and allows a business to differentiate itself from the herd.
Strong brands also generally charge a premium so it’s worthwhile investing time and effort in building your company brand.
In 2012 Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon, said;
“Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.”
What do you think people say about your company?
Here are 5 tips to help your business develop a brand.
1. Branding is increasingly about the customer experience. With more and more service businesses a companies brand is being defined not just by logo’s and tangible touchpoints but by the customer journey. How are customers treated, was it effecient, was the customer.
2. Super serve your customers. Adding value to any transaction is a great way to build reputation and encourage Word of Mouth referrals (amplified through social media). This could be something simple like a bridal shop giving brides a small bouquet (which is factored into the price) or free delivery
3. Invest in external advice when creating your branding.
Your brand cues represent themselves in your marketing and are important to (prospective) customers
Get professional help and get the branding which accurately reflects your company.
4. Know what problem(s) makes your customers contact your company for a solution. How can you communicate this in your brand and at which point in the customer journey? Know your customers.
5. What is the most important thing you wish your business to be known for? Does this come across in your branding?
If not work on the message until it reflects the primary thing your company does.
Be passionate, don’t be afraid to show this in your branding and stand out.
Live your brand and be prepared to wait. Great brands take time
Start building yours today.